#PeriodPaath: On Menstrual Hygiene

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

My name is ANANYA KAUSHAL and I am from school DPS Indirapuram Ghaziabad. During this menstrual cycle we should take care of our hygiene very much to keep us away from infections.We should take a proper diet and sometimes the waste blood comes out in pieces to prevent that we should eat jaggery .we should take bath regularly and wash our private parts. We should change our pads in every 6 hours or change our requirements according to the flow. If flow is too heavy we should report to doctor because their are chances of infection.Eat healthy food like banana,dark chocolate,broccoli etc . Drink water and stay hydrated. Hug a hot pad.avoid drinking  coffee or any drink which contains caffeine .We should do light exercises like swimming,yoga,deep breathing etc. We should avoid eating packaged food and dairy products.We should not eat beetroots it can make our flow heavier.School should allow girls to wear dark colour skirts .There should be proper supply of water in schools .There should be all requirements needed for girls during this time should be present in school clinic. The washrooms of school should be clean .Their should be proper covered dustbins.Liquid soaps must be present in school washrooms.We should carry sanitory pads to school rapped in newspaper.