#PeriodPaath: A Letter To The Chief Minister Of Hyderabad

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

To,

The Chief Minister of Hyderabad, Telangana

Chandrasekhar Rao

I always had these feelings that any developing country does not succeed until the citizens’ common problems are addressed and resolved in a better approach. When I talk about each countries’ weakness and strength, it might take some time to come with the solution. So I decided to focus my entire attention on one of India’s social challenges, which is menstruation.

Throughout the years of urbanization, menstruation had been the subject of real importance and even discomfort to speak about in an open environment perceived by the women. Which had become an essential responsibility for most of the common man, politicians, bureaucrats, NGOs, and several policymakers to address this kind of growing feminine problem in the country.

When it comes to the proper handling and disposal of used sanitary napkins. Our city Hyderabad is lacking the appropriate management of waste disposal systems. In the government and a few private hospitals, the facilities for menstrual hygiene are worst. Physically challenged patients who are admitted to these hospitals feel discomfort and inconvenience when using bathrooms.

As CM promised in the 2014 and 2019 election that his government will provide 24 hours of electricity, water supply, and affordable houses. Perhaps, he should at first visit the states’ institutions to check whether the authorities are working as per the guidelines or not. I also request KCR to raise funds from the central government that could be better utilized for installing more sanitary napkin machinery at every corner of the city near shopping malls, roads, footpaths, and offices.

Your’s faithful, sincere and educated resident,

Mohammed Zahoor Khan