#PeriodPaath: Letter To The Government For Better Menstrual Hygiene Facilities

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

Hello everyone my name is Nishita Kumari I am from Delhi Public School Indirapuram. I am in seventh standard

Periods is a topic which most of the girls are hesitant to talk but now we should ask questions about periods because it is related to our health. Periods or Menustration happens when female hormones in the body start functioning. It is a sign of women’s fertility. Period is nature’s way of telling that you are on your way to a perfectly normal, healthy woman. It should be a happy moment for every girl. We should keep ourselves always hygienic especially during our periods this is known as menustral hygiene. Now we will discuss how to maintain menustral hygiene:-

1. Use clean sanitary pads. Change them after 4-6 hours.
  2. Drink water frequently.
  3. Wash yourself properly.
  4. Discard sanitary pad properly.
  5. Use fresh underwear.
  6. Do not use perfumes to hide the odour.
  7. Bedsheets,clothes etc or any other item is cleaned with disinfectant after every use
  8. Never wear two pads simultaneously.
  9. Clean reusable pads properly
  10. Clean your hands with soap after changing sanitary pads.
  11. You should eat iron rich food and prevent junk food.

Every school should take care about:-

1. Proper washroom for girls.
  2. Soap must be there preferably liquid soap.
  3. Clean water should be provided.
  4. In government schools something rich in iron should be given in the mid day meal.
  5. Sanitary pads should be available in school.
  6. There should be a dustbin with lid in the washroom.
  7. Government should provide sanitary pads at a cheaper rates to the poor people.
  8.  Girls should be made aware of periods and menustral health after 10 years  frequently by workshops with them and their families.

I wish that you had liked my post.