#PeriodPaath: Production Of Sanitary Pads By Government

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

To

The Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh

Mr. Yogi Adityanath

Respected sir,

I am writing this open letter to draw your kind attention towards the problem of menstruation cycle as it is a very important part of every women life. Due to the high prices of sanitary pads manufactured by the private companies, many women are still using unhygienic clothes which eventually leads to many severe diseases.

Therefore, it is requested you to kindly look into this matter as ” woman is incomplete without pads and the world is incomplete without woman”. So, the government should take a step towards the health of women by manufacturing pads as it will be comparatively cheap, hence affordable to everyone.

This is my sincere request you to comprehend the gravity of the situation. Manufacturing of cheap sanitary pads is the cure of many unwanted diseases.

Your’s sincerely

Anshvika kesarwani