Quick Byte: Flying Ban On Comedian Kunal Kamra By Major Indian Airlines

Stand-up comedian Kunal Kamra has been banned from flying by IndiGo, Air India, SpiceJet, and GoAir after his supposed confrontation with TV journalist Arnab Goswami on a Mumbai-Lucknow flight.

Later, Kunal Kamra shared a statement on Twitter, saying he didn’t regret what happened.

On Wednesday, January 29, when he heard about his SpiceJet flying ban, he questioned Prime Minister Modi, from his Twitter handle, whether there was a ban on him walking as well.

FYI – Arnab Goswami was in my flight again this morning while returning from Lucknow… I again asked him politely if he wants to have an honest discussion he (sic) with his verbal arrogant hand jester he asked me to move away and I did that,” Kamra wrote in one of his tweets, on Wednesday morning.

Arnab Goswami, who remained silent throughout Kamra’s 1.51-minute video posted on Twitter, is well known for his right-wing views. Arnab is seen wearing shades and earphones, while Kunal is questioning him about his journalistic ethics.

Kamra is found asking in the video, “Viewers want to know if Arnab today is a coward or a nationalist. Arnab, this is for national interest. I am part of the tukde-tukde narrative. You should deflate me. You should take the enemies of the state down. You should make sure that the country is in safe hands of Narendra Modi.”

In reaction to the incident, Hardeep Singh Puri, Civil Aviation Minister tweeted: “Offensive behaviour designed to provoke & create disturbance inside an aircraft is absolutely unacceptable & endangers safety of air travellers.

We are left with no option but to advise other airlines to impose similar restrictions on the person concerned,” he added.

Featured Image Credit: Kunal Kamra/ Twitter.