Quick Byte: “I Am Proud Of Deepika Padukone For Showing Solidarity With JNU Students”

JNU Attack: When Tyrants Rule

I am amused that our police blames the victims for crimes and shields the goondas. And I am truly proud of Deepika Padukone for showing solidarity with JNU victims. The goons fail to understand that the more hurt they cause, the more people rise against them. We are a country who stood against the wily Britishers, without caring about being lathi-charged or killed.

Deepika Padukone standing in solidarity with JNU students on 8th Jan 2020.

I have a serious problem with hooligans beating up the students to break their spirit or singing Faiz’s “Laazim hai ki hum bhi dekhenge“- a clear poem of protest, which has nothing to do with religion.

Iqbal Bano sang “Hum Dekhenge” in 1989, in front of the huge crowd, wearing a black saree protesting against Zia-Ul-Haq’s regime. She broke two laws – she sang against Zia and wore a saree, which was banned by the Pakistani general. The people who pick up certain lines of the poem, and try to create a wedge between communities, have a perfect understanding of the poem, yet they pick up up a line from the nazm to inflame hatred.

I have huge respect for Deepika Padukone who left the red carpet and spoke for the cause.

If people believe their cause is right, why are they going on beating the university students? It is a shameful time for Indian democracy. My head hangs in shame.

#ISupportDeepikapadukone

#IStandwithDeepikaPadukone #JNU Youth Ki Awaaz #CAB #CAA