How Navjiwan Vihar Celebrated Republic Day

Republic Day at Navjiwan Vihar was a day well spent in true sense. It was heartening to see residents in such large numbers and so many children passionately and proudly singing our National Anthem as our President, Mr Vinay Bhasin Sir unfurled the Indian National Flag.

We were delighted to have Green Park Extension RWA President, Secretary and Joint Secretary as our special guests.

We officially launched our medical waste segregation on the same day.

75 children made around 800 two ply newspaper bags that will be distributed to residents along with red stickers. These bags sealed with red stickers will be used by residents to dispose medical waste separately. Children were awarded certificates for their efforts.

The tug of war, races and tambola (bingo) kept the residents captivated and entertained. Community bonding at its best.

We will also distribute special bags to all our residents for recyclable dry waste. These bags can be used multiple times and each bag will last for 2 years. We are grateful to ITC WOW for the same.

Crockery borrowed from crockery bank was used for today’s program, saving over 600 disposables.

Another lot of upcycled cloth bags is ready with us for distribution. These have been stitched from bed sheets and curtains donated by residents. Each upcycled cloth bag saves around 1000 litres of water. Till now, Navjiwan RWA has got 2000 such bags made from bedsheets, curtains, sarees and dupattas donated by residents. We have distributed these bags to residents, domestic helps, guards, drivers, staff, construction site workers, markets and JJ clusters.

श्रमदान is doing wonders on the Press Enclave Road. It will be great if we could take ownership and responsibility of keeping not only our homes, our colonies but also our neighborhood, our city and our country clean. We have adopted the motto – “My Delhi My Responsibility.”

Navjiwan RWA has made all possible efforts and has accomplished so much under the dynamic leadership of our President, Mr Bhasin, with help from the most supportive Executive Committee and most aware and responsible residents. It truly is a gratifying feeling.

I am also pleased to share the coverage of our today’s program by Enviro Annotations.

Jai Hind!

Dr Ruby Makhija
Secretary
Navjiwan RWA

Featured image for representative purpose only.
Featured image source: Marko Mikkonen/Flickr.