Video: Understanding The Economics Of Suicide

World Health Organisation (WHO): “India Has The Highest Suicide Rate In South-East Asia (in 2016).”

India Today: “8 Lakh Suicides In India Every Year.

Fair Observer: “India Must Address Its Student Suicide Crisis.

Suicide is one of the leading causes of death in many countries, including India. This is also the reason why a fair bit of attention has been meted out to understanding the causes and preventions of suicide.

However, if observed, one can realise that most research on suicide is based on sociological and psychological factors. In light of this, we fail to understand that economics plays a huge role in suicide. It can explain suicide, and, to an extent, prevent it.

In fact, the two are so closely related that suicide also has a huge impact on economics. Here is a video that talks about the economics of suicide in detail.

If you, in any way, feel depressed, suicidal, or have attempted suicide, please call on this number to seek help: 022 2754 6669, AASRA Suicide Prevention And Counselling NGO.