A Call To Promote Unity And Maintain Harmony In The Wake Of CAA

In a country like India, where every single city has mass destitution, people struggle each day to eke out a living, and almost every sector of development is facing crises. It is unthinkable that one would add to the mix the crisis of citizenship.

Before thinking about tracing citizenship, the government must pay heed to the rampant unemployment, the desperate lack of resources and infrastructure, and the hopeless situation of poverty in the country. The nation will be in an absolute crisis in terms of development if an additional burden is imposed on it.

Already, the state of Assam with its large migrant population is constantly fighting to preserve its language, culture and ethnicity; recently, it bore the loss of five innocent lives. The states UP and Bangalore also witnessed deaths. Gun firing, tear gas, lathi charge, stone pelting, vehicles set on fire, thousands of arrests, detention, vandalism, terror, fear, etc.—the country has witnessed a range of destruction and violence ever since the anti-CAA protest started.

Anti-CAA student protest in Delhi.

The fire of protests has been lit across the states of India. The government must pay heed to the situation before dabbling with the identity of its citizens. Most of the protests are uninfluenced by any political organization or opposition. Some people are really trying to make a logical statement by opposing the Act.

The government must attempt to address the sufferings around. We cannot afford to lose more lives just because of the government’s negligence. At least, we can expect a little humanity from this government which has brought reforms like the Triple Talaq, etc.

I would also appeal to all the brothers and sisters across the nation, please do not involve yourself in violence. Maintain peace and harmony. Do not vandalize the property that’s created with your taxes. Let us all promote unity among ourselves.

Do you find online payments safe?

Take this survey and help companies and the government make online payments safer for you.

Take the Survey