To Me, India Will Always Remain To Be The Republic It Promised To Be.. Or Will It?

26.01.1950

It was the day which laid the foundation of a democratic Constitution. A day that tells the story of India, and the ideologies that make India what it is. The idea of a democratic country is what defines the core values of India and its people. 

For me, India will always be that state; the state that Gandhi dreamt of, that Nehru reared, and that which has been brought to today, by its citizens. The state defines the power of unity and humanity, where people always stand by each other and not against. India is a country that:

1. is home to diversity. Splendid groups and cultures cohabit the nation with their beliefs, and co-exist with the bliss of being “We, The People of India”. And that’s what I am and will always be  proud of.

2. is established on the principle of secularism, which inhabits Gandhi’s idea of ‘Harijans’, Ambedkar’s inclusive ideology, and Patel’s idea of unity. These principles really proved to be the founding set of our beliefs, and are exclusive to the state and republic of India.

3. always listened, and empowered its people with a voice that can  be heard. It’s a country that gives you the liberty to think, express and believe, and to hold a mic and voice your  opinion.

4. does not discriminate over caste, colour or religion. Yes, religion, because Eid is celebrated with as much ardour as Diwali. Because we have pledged to be the brothers and sisters of humanity, and of each other.

5. never belittles another soul, the country that  never questions the individuality of people.

That’s what the Republic of India means to me, and that’s what it always will mean to me. But the question is — 

Will we be able to establish the idea of a republic nation again?