Traffic, Heritage, Healthcare: Here’s What Bengaluru Wishes For In the New Year

1. A Well-Planned Mobility Plan

Is there any solution to traffic jams in 2020? Day-by-day, the vehicular population has increased to over 83 lakh. Many people rely on the private mode of transportation, but now, mobility experts are hoping that ‘special purpose vehicles’ would get the required financial support from both the state and the centre, and also that the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) delivers its promise on time.

This will help lakhs of citizens shift to public transport, and some parts of the city have incorporated the ‘BMTC priority lanes’ to help citizens save traveling time, and also increase the government’s revenue.

2. Preserve Heritage

There are many components that form a part of Bengaluru’s heritage, like the intangible heritage of the Bengaluru Karaga (one of the oldest festivals celebrated in Bengaluru) and the Kadelekayi Parshe (an annual groundnut fair), more food, culture, and natural heritage. So, it’s time to take serious measures to preserve these, like putting in place building by-laws specific to such areas.

3. Well-Equipped ICU’S

Patients face problems during emergencies due to the non-availability of ventilators in ICU’s located in government hospitals. Because of this, patients are inevitably forced to opt for private hospitals. People from low-income communities end up suffering the most.