Quick Byte: Why Are Some Indians Against Student Protests?

What to do, when you feel things are going the other way?

You either surrender yourself, put your invisibility cloak on and dive through the crowd. Trying to find that corner where you can sit with your mouth shut, gazing through the television window into the real world. This is what uncle wants from us. To forget our existence and get lost within the university campus.

“Get inside you little prick, otherwise the life you are leading will be in dreams, we will increase your expenses.”

Come on! Let’s face it. In this world, what everyone expects from millennials, or say, students, is to listen to them, study and then be a perfect sanskari kid. Protesting for their rights doesn’t come into it.

Let me ask a question to all of those who think that students are not supposed to be involved in any kind of protest: What do you expect from a future leader? To sit by while their conscience tells them not to. This isn’t about politics, this isn’t about violence or protest. But solely about the right to speak and more importantly, listen. Why are we not listening? Why are we trying to sideline the opinions or ideas coming out of a fresh mind?

Forget about who is right, who is wrong, let’s just try and listen to what they want to say. Let’s make a society that gives liberty to each and everyone, to speak their mind without the fear of getting stabbed with made-up nicknames. Speak, dream and listen, is that way too much for us?