Quick Byte: What Would Have Happened If Congress Ruled?

What would have happened if the Congress still ruled over India? As per me:

There would have been many scams.

But, the RTI would not have been diluted. Transparency would have been maintained. People would have stood in unison against the government. As there wouldn’t have been any blind followers, people would have been free to criticise the government.

An anti-CAA protest at Jama Masjid, New Delhi.

Public Sector Undertakings wouldn’t have been sold. The economy would have been maintained properly, without blaming the citizens.

Media wouldn’t have been sold. Debates would have taken place on relevant topics.

There wouldn’t have been any privatisation, only liberalisation. No change in the method of calculating the GDP.

After 2016’s demonetisation, the present government changed the method of GDP calculation. The actual GDP rate is 2%. Their own party leader Subramaniam Swamy has said that the GDP rate is less than 4.5%. They have also shown data in manipulative ways.

There wouldn’t have been any fees hike in institutions like IIT, JNU; education would be liberalised.

No Hindutva, only secularism. People’s voice might have been heard by the media, against the government.

Criticism makes democracy powerful and governments more respectful.

Note: this was first published here.

Featured image for representative purpose only.