This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kushal Singhal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

What Youth Can Learn From Stay-At-Home Moms

I was on my sincere quest to find a convincing answer to a question that has bothered me for the last 12 years. The often asked question and sarcastic remark that every stay-at-home mom in our society has witnessed at some point or the other in her lifetime is “What do you do at home for the entire day?”.

I connected to several other stay-at-home moms (also popularly referred to as SAHM) like me, over the period of my life, so I could gather some clear similarities in how we think and operate. 

While it would be an interesting discussion to share these similarities, I would rather, for the purpose of this post, focus on the attributes and behaviours in stay-at-home moms that make them worth everyone’s attention. Also, what can our youth learn from SAHMs who end up being successful homepreneurs?  

For a long long time, there has been a kind of stigma attached to being stay-at-homes mom in our society. They have always been treated lesser to the woman who goes out to work. They have been found guilty of not doing anything worthwhile, wasting their potential and living a no-good life.

However, things are changing now. A lot of stay-at-home moms are coming out of their cocoons and starting up their own ventures from their homes. And this new community of women entrepreneurs with dreams of making it big in the business world are here to stay. 

These are some of the things that stay-at-home moms who become successful homepreneurs teach us:

Multitasking

There is no better person who can teach you the skill of multitasking better than a SAHM. Learn from her the art of multitasking, switch tasking and single-tasking. And a SAHM who is also a homepreneur has to be the queen of multitasking to survive. With so many tasks to handle, both related to home and business, she manages it all beautifully with multi-tasking.

Resilience

“Tough times never last, tough people do” – Robert H Sculler

Living through the ups and downs of parenting and life at home, she is adept at picking herself up after every fall – small or big. Learn to be resilient from the SAHM who is a homepreneur too, the journey definitely would not have been easy at all and it won’t lack the inspiration.

Not Giving Up

Her dream has not become a reality just like, that and no, it has not been a cakewalk either. Get inspired by looking at her “Never Give Up” attitude that has taken her this far. From being a SAHM to a homepreneur, the journey has had its fair share of failures and moments she would have wanted to give up. But, she did not

Patience

Learn the art of being patient from the SAHM who is now a homepreneur too. It has never been an instantly gratifying journey. Get beneath the layers of her life, to know that it has taken her years and years of patience, to build what she has. From starting small to keeping her dreams as the last priority, she is the epitome of patience. 

Hardwork

Be it SAHMs or working mothers, when you enter their lives, it’s all hard work. From taking care of their families, kids and homes, to going out and managing their work commitments, they are always been inspiring us with hard work. 

Organising Skills

SAHMs have excellent organising skills. From organising their homes to their workflow, and meal plans to support networks for they are winning at it all. Learn a trick or two from how they are organising and integrating lives and work in a seamless way.

Solution Orientation

Challenge the SAHMs with a surprise visit and you will be amazed to see the feast they cook up for you. Not to mention, their creativity in substituting the unavailable ingredients with the ones there at home, to planning the entire menu, from taking the initiative to set the table at the odd hour, she is the one who will find solutions and not create problems. 

Execution 

It’s not about ideas it’s about making them happen”Scot Belsky

Learn the seamless execution from SAHM who is a homepreneur because she is making things work every day of her life. She is making her dreams happen.

In the end, I would like to sum up with a quote from Hillary Clinton. She said –

“Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world”.

And SAHM, who end up being the homepreneurs, are using their potential to take this world higher one step at a time. 

About the author:

Hi. I’m Kushal Singhal and I’ve been a stay-at-home Mom for 13 long years. I am finally on the path of transformation and am a successful Parenting Coach and a Professional Blogger. I am the Founder of Mom Chipper – A one-stop platform for stay-at-home Moms to find their hidden voice and connect with me. I am here to build a tribe of informed and inspired stay-at-home Moms who are now out to rule the World.  

More from Kushal Singhal

By Vasid Qureshi

By cryptoenguk

By Asia Global