Quick Byte: You Must Cherish Each Moment With Your Parents While You Still Can

I still remember those childhood days where I would stroll in the city for ice cream, holding my dad’s hand, that left a sweet smile on my lips, and of course a teardrop in my eyes

I wish I had a hand now, because I need it now the most.

I still believe my dad can’t see my wedding or my graduation, nor can he see how much I miss him.

Have you ever wished for someone’s death? I did! Yes, I prayed to God for someone’s death and that was the quickest boon that  God ever gave me.

I asked the person whom I loved the most in this world, my dad, “I am bad?” Maybe, because I couldn’t see him in pain and killing himself every day.

I miss him, with every heartbeat. I wish I gave those fathers day letters then, other than writing now and keeping it in my diary. Life is so strange. I can’t hear him, nor he can hear me. Still, I speak in front of his photo, as if he will come to wipe my tears.

If you’re reading this, please tell your parents you love them. Yes, they can be strict, may not be the most understanding parents, maybe they pushed you to choose a career of their choice, maybe they scold you. Still, tell them you love them, because maybe, one day you might want to say that but they are not there to hear you.

Get a cake on their birthday and make it special, make them feel special.

– Just a daughter.