Do We Exist In this World For A Reason?

Sometimes I just stand in front of the dressing mirror and try to look at myself. The same hairstyle that, a long time back I discovered, the same face where you see the dimples whenever the smile comes out on the lips, and also a smaller beard on the face.

Overall, I see a face that always tries to talk to me; but always repeats what I’m saying in front of me. If I give the chance to him and close my mouth, then he becomes silent! By this, I just want to try and ask myself some hard questions and the answer may be harder than the questions. I don’t know what exactly I’m going to write on this blog! Somehow I may be illogical but believe me, I just want to share what I really want to know!

Most of the time, I have thought of myself as the image that I see in the mirror. I just want to ask my mirror face if there is a reason why we are all here in this world? And, is it all about the discovery of ourselves! It started with me having a thought, and I know it clearly that every thought that comes in our mind is not automatically the truth. But still, I am asking the same question!

Why are we here,” is the most frequently asked question in philosophy. To answer, we must ask the question, “How did we get here?” By answering this question, the reason for being here is two-fold. If we come from a humanistic perspective, it can be difficult to find a purpose for life because our origin is accidental at its foundation. However, if we are created by the author of life, space and time, as religious or spirituality says then our purpose becomes clearer. The creator created us to enjoy life and interact with the community. Anyway, there are too many people to have their own thoughts.

Meanwhile, we may have several ideas that can explain how we got here, however, I believe that the more important question to reflect upon, is why are we here? Coming back to my question, do I believe that everything happens for a reason for which we are here on earth? Even though it’s something that no one can prove, I would like to ask the question.

That there are reasons for things to happen.

As I put my opinion, It is far better to use everything that happens for a ‘cause’ more than the ‘reason,’ and we are also here for a cause not only for a reason! There is a cause when something happens. Time is a method to say ‘what-happened-when’.

For example, I am writing this blog and there is a certain cause which lies behind my exercise! The cause is that the question arises on my mind, the eagerness that I want to fulfill by putting this question! The reason may be secondary as if there is a will/intention/meaning with something that happens. And, sometimes there is, like when I write this. In this situation, I say, whatever the decision we make, it will be for a reason. It will be either caused by our mind as we observe it!

Apparently, I have some arguments and suspect that when most people say, “Everything happens for a reason,” they mean “Everything happens for a GOOD reason.” But we live in a universe of limited resources, so how can it be possible for something to be good for one person without hurting someone else in these limited resources? If I’m getting something, that means someone is losing those things! Because here, only the fittest can survive. But, people say this to comfort themselves, without thinking it through logically. I have put my random thoughts here, or are curious to say regarding this!

That there are reasons for things to happen. If things happen for no reason! What will we call it?  Where things don’t really happen for a reason. That presumes things that happen are someone’s deliberate decision to make, someone who had consequences in mind for that happening. There should be a cause for that happening!  So, we are not just here for a reason, everything does not happen for a reason! There is also the cause that lies in those happenings where we seem only the reason!!

Some people also believe that everything happens as a matter of chance apart from the reason or the cause.  But I argue that it is only because of the right time, at the right place with the right attributes. I put my remarks that we all utilise the momentum or the opportunity that lies on us for which we can get success in our life!

To conclude, this is never the end of the topic for discussion and arguments are also different individuals to individuals. But lastly, if you believe that everything happens for a reason, you make yourself responsible for your life too. And if you thought that there is the cause for being here! Then also we should make this cause meaningful to live on this earth! Thanks for reading!

This post was originally published here.