Quick Byte: Is India Ready To Make A Shift To All-Electric Power Sources?

Rising climate change has forced us all to rethink of our energy use and look upon the alternatives. Our industries and production units cannot go fully eco-friendly, neither can our mining industry. So, we could look at bringing down change in our vehicle’s fuel consumption. This involves turning our vehicles consumption of petrol and diesel to all-electric. Electricity involves no emission of pollution and is a renewal, which is another brownie point. But the question arises; are we ready to go all-electric keeping in mind that India involves 52% rural population?

Is India ready to rethink its energy use?

The all-India average duration of power cuts is 5 hours and 28 minutes. And there are some sections in India which do not even receive electricity. With this sort of irregular supply, are we really ready to change? India is a huge demographic place where the villages do not even have proper water supplies, so how much time will it take to install all the electric stations around the country?

Developing some parts of the country doesn’t do justice. Are we still going to target the tier 1 cities for all the changes? Tier 1 cities involve a handful of the population in front of a huge country like India. By the time we get everything in place, it will be already too late.