How This Initiative Is Using Waste To Shed Light On Our Use Of Plastic

Art is a great way to increase awareness. Whether it is against social injustice, government policies or for the environment, art has always been an important part of creating awareness among the common folk.

Clean up groups in Dharamshala have been focussing on art as a medium to increase awareness against single-use plastic. Recently, an NGO, Waste Warriors, created a mural in the main market of Mcleodganj asking the visitors to not throw plastic waste.

The structure is a steel structure that spells out ‘Think’ and is filled with mineral water bottles, tetra-packs, and beer cans. The artwork below, hence, asks the passersby to consider the harm that their activities are doing against the environment.

If you are an artist and have an idea for an art installation in the hills then Waste Warriors can help you kickstart your own campaign.

You can access more information here.