Opinion: “Everyone In This World Is Beautiful In Their Own Way”

Every one of us is beautiful. We care for each other and stand for each other in tough times for our loved ones, and therein lies it’s beauty. The way we look should never let our personality and our confidence get affected, because once you start asking others what they think about you, some answers will completely shatter you from within. Every one of us has something to say, which inspires us to keep moving every day. Here is what I have to say:

When I was in school, everyone used to call me “kali” and many other names. I used to just sit in the washroom, lock the door, and cry for hours. Many of us might have experienced it. But, as I grew up, I slowly realised and these things stopped affecting me much.

“But how will I make a 9-year-old kid understand that he should not listen to what other people say about him?”

But, the same thing happened with my brother, and he denied going to school for days. My parents were concerned about why he didn’t want to go, but finally, one day, he spoke to me and said that everyone bullies him just because he is too dark. But how will I make a nine-year-old kid understand that he should not listen to what other people say about him? For a kid, everything around him influences him while they’re growing up. Has any one of us wondered how a kid will be affected mentally just by repetitively listening to people telling him that he is “Kaala“?

I’m sure there are many more people like this who suffer from various other issues. It’s just a humble request to all the parents to teach their children that everyone in this world is beautiful in their way, irrespective of their color, caste, gender, and shape.

Let’s make this world a better place to live.