This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sandhya M. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Reasons That Prove Travelling Is One Of The Best Investments To Make

More from Sandhya M

Busy with the humdrum in our lives, people often find it hard to make time to travel in their lives. People are engrossed in their careers and think that they can make ample time to travel once they retire or have enough money to not worry about it.

Considering that they might not have enough energy after retirement, these people stay within their comfort zones and miss out on all the benefits of travelling to new and unexplored destinations. One of the best ways to create a great Travel Experience a bucket list of all the places that you might want to see before you drift off into nothingness. This way you will have a reason to leave your own city and rack up some miles on your sheet.

There are many benefits of travelling, whether you are going on a solo trip or going with your partner. If it is the latter, you are always on the lookout for romantic things to do in any destination but if it is the former, you want something that will help you grow as a person.

To ensure that you are pushed over the edge into the depths of travelling, we have compiled a list of all the benefits that you can avail by exploring new lands.

1. Break The Language Barrier

Every time you visit a new place, you learn a lot about the native language of the place. This is a great way of learning about new cultures, phrases and slang. When you bring exotic phrases into the mix of a conversation back in your hometown, you can spice things up and break the mundane routine that you might have set yourself into.

This will also help when you are talking to someone from a land that you might have visited before. It will help tourists be more comfortable with you when they relate to your way of talking. For instance, if you are someone from North India, travelling just within your own country can help you explore a lot more.

You can travel to the southern part of India and see how different things are down there. You can learn a lot with amazing travel experience and understand how cities are much more than technology and traffic jams.

2. Disconnect From Stress

With all the hustle in our lives, we are often surrounded by stressful things. Many people live with a great deal of frustration in their lives. If you begin travelling, you will realise that it is a great stress-buster. The main reason why stress seems to disappear is that we disconnect from our life back home when we travel to new places.

Now, this travelling should not include corporate events since you will be worrying about your work over there. Travel to the beach or to the mountains where you can enjoy the serenity of nature. Disconnect your cell phone so that you are not disturbed by calls from your work when you are on vacation.

A still from Queen, a Hindi movie where a woman travels solo on her honeymoon trip, and has a life-changing experience.

3. Cultural Understanding

When you travel to a foreign place, try staying with the locals instead of a hotel. Have a home-cooked meal rather than eating in a restaurant. Connect with the locals so that you get to know about their culture and can broaden your cultural horizons. When you begin to see the world from a new perspective, you begin to empathise with other human beings as well.

This makes you more likeable as a person and you set yourself on a path that is better accepted by society. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page,” said Saint Augustine. These words are golden to make sure that you travel the world and experience all the unique things that each place has to offer.

It shows how different we are even though we all belong to the same species. Little diversions in history can cause a lot of changes.

4. Create Everlasting Memories

No vacation is complete without a ton of pictures that capture our travel experience. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way,” said Penelope Riley. Even if you are not taking pictures, you are collecting memories that will last a lifetime and these will be the experiences that you will recount when you are nostalgic.

You will tell the tales of your travel to your children and grandchildren and the legacy of travelling will continue on with them.

5. You Learn More About Yourself

This is by far, the most important thing that you learn from travelling. Every trip is a chance to get to know yourself better without the influence of your friends and family. The only one that you have on a solo trip is your own self, you begin to get more confident and trust yourself more with each trip.

When you travel to new places, you often get stuck in situations where you have to rely only on yourself. This could be something as simple as learning new things about your body like new allergies or knowing how to get out of a fix when you are involved in an adventure sport.

With each new trip, you will learn more about your body and you will be better prepared for the next trip. If you learn on a trip that you are allergic to something, you will have to carry proper medication from the next time in order to avoid getting sick. You can also learn which foods suit you and which do not.

Overall, travelling is a whole lesson in itself; one that you have to go through multiple times and still not be learned enough. When you travel in life, you grow as a person and the people around you will recognise that growth.

Featured image for representative purpose only. Featured image source: bruce mars/Pexels.

More from Sandhya M

By Ungender Legal Advisory

By Juhi Smita

By Meharmeet Kaur Thandi