Video Shows BJP MLA Leading A Mob And Chanting ‘Goli Maro Saalo Ko’ In East Delhi

BJP has again landed in controversy after a video of newly elected BJP MLA, from Laxmi Nagar, Abhay Verma has gone viral on the internet.

In the video, which surfaced on Tuesday evening (25th Feb), Abhay Verma can be seen leading a mob of around 150 people and chanting “Goli Maro Saalo Ko” (Shoot the Traitors) in Magal Bajar of Laxmi Nagar area.

His supporters are heard chanting slogans like “Goli maro”. “Jo Hindu hit ki baat karega, wohi desh pe raj karega (Those who speak in favour of Hindus will rule the country)” and “Jai Shri Ram”.

Local shopkeepers in Laxmi Nagar confirmed that Verma had visited the area. The video was tweeted by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)’s Rajya Sabha Member Sanjay Singh who questioned the intention of Amit Shah.

Delhi is facing serious mob violence because of Pro-CAA and Anti-CAA clashes (Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019) and riot-like situations, because of which, curfew has been imposed in areas of North-East Delhi and a ‘shoot at sight’ order has been imposed.

IPS officer SN Srivastava has been appointed as the Delhi Police Special Commissioner (Law and Order) with immediate effect, to control the situation.

According to the latest reports, 20 people have allegedly died and more than 150 people have sustained injuries by petrol bombs, iron rod, firing, and stone-pelting.

To review the situation and bring peace, on the 25th of February, Home Minister Amit Shah, met Delhi CM Kejriwal, Delhi LG Anil Baijal, and other leaders, as well as officers.

According to the latest reports, 19 people have allegedly died and more than 150 people have sustained injuries by petrol bombs, iron rod, firing, and stone-pelting.

National Security Advisor Ajit Doval visited areas affected by the violence and met with top police officers. Today, he will update the cabinet committee about the situation.

Board exams of students of North-East Delhi have also been postponed.

Among the lives lost, one Head Constable died. Two IPS officers were admitted, and many other police officers, as well as innocent civilians, have sustained injuries.

Many videos have surfaced related to communal violence and slogans, shops and cars have been burnt, a petrol pump was set on fire.

A couple of days ago, BJP leader, Kapil Mishra gave an ultimatum to the Delhi Police to remove anti-CAA protesters from Jafarrabad and organised a  pro-CAA rally at Maujpur red light, after which, stone-pelting started, and the situation went out of control.

During the Delhi assemble elections also, BJP leaders (Parvesh Verma, Anurag Thakur, Prakash Javedkar, and Kapil Mishra) were accused of chanting communal slogans and were warned by the election commission.

BJP leader Manoj Tiwari wants Kapil Mishra removed while MP Gautam Gambhir also wants action against Mishra.

Feature image is a representational image depicting the violence in North East Delhi.