Coronavirus Sets The Alarm Bell Ringing For LED Bulb Manufacturers

How much ever bizarre it may seem to be, viruses are now supposed to take the flourishing business of LED bulbs into its dangerous grip. Failing to find any solid option to confront the imminent adverse situation, the risk for the manufacturers is far more high up in the air. What was once cheaper than a medium-sized pizza is now supposed to be relatively costlier in the coming month, owing to intense infection of Covid-19 spell in China.

Domestic manufacturers are in a complete fix, owing to the outbreak of Coronavirus in China. It gravely hints at the virtual end of supply of cheaper Chinese components. The light-emitting diode (LED) is an energy saver and gives an increased glow. The latest news-items inform of a probable shortage in the regular supply of the necessary electronic chips used in these type of bulbs, thereby, causing a substantial problem for the bulb manufacturers. Around 30% of the delicate components such as electronic drivers and chips are directly imported from the Chinese dealers.

“Though manufacturers have to maintain a standard level of stock, the emergent situation hampers keeping the components in stock for a long period.” Image source: Wikimedia Commons

As LED bulbs are prepared in both electronic and mechanical process, manufacturers had to compete with the overseas market for acquiring the electronic pieces. Though they have to maintain a standard level of stock, the emergent situation hampers keeping the components in stock for a long period. It is at this critical stage the demand-supply equation comes to the fore principally.

Presently, China under the spate of coronavirus has taken the LED bulb makers in a complex manner. Like the mobile and the electronics industry, our domestic lighting industry is also bound to face the apparent effects of the Chinese epidemic.