Delhi Election Tracker To Vote Green

Ahead of the Delhi elections, we wanted to shed light onto a topic that barely got covered these weeks. So shortly before you are hopefully giving your vote, we checked the manifestos of the AAP, BJP and INC to see if they have plans on eight questions related to environmental politics. As a result, we have prepared this brief Environmental Election Tracker, which we hope will remind of the variety of important issues at stance.

A well informed electorate is most essential to a democracy.

Here’s a quick check on what major contenders have promised in their manifestos on green governance.

Criteria for the rating is simple.

( ✓ ) means the party has spoken about some practical policies to deal with that issue

( × ) means the party did not even address the issue in manifesto

( ? ) means the party have talked about the issue but in an obscure manner with no policy ideas.

Though this rating is entirely based on information provided by parties in their manifestos, but before casting our vote, we should take into account past works, policy implementation by those parties, and most of all, their commitment to work towards a safe environment and mitigating crisis.

1. Does the party have any plans for addressing air pollution?

AAP ( ✓ )

BJP ( ? )

INC( ✓ )

2. Does the party have any plans for wastewater?

AAP  ( × )

BJP ( × )

INC ( ✓ )

3. Does the party have any plans for water management?

AAP ( ✓ )

BJP ( ? )

INC ( ✓ )

4. Does the party have any plans for waste reduction?

AAP ( ✓ )

BJP ( ✓ )

INC ( ✓ )

5. Does the party have any plans for expansion of public transport?

AAP ( ✓ )

BJP ( × )

INC ( ✓ )

6. Does the party have any plans for regulation of construction?

AAP ( × )

BJP ( × )

INC ( × )

7. Does the party have any plans for protection of biodiversity and Yamuna bank?

AAP ( ✓ )

BJP ( × )

INC ( ✓ )

8. Does the party have any plans for climate and environmental education awareness?

AAP ( × )

BJP ( × )

INC ( ? )

For more visit our Instagram page

@fridaysforfuture.delhi

https://instagram.com/fridaysforfuture.delhi

This is prepared by a group of students from Fridays For Future Delhi.