Opinion: “The BJP Sowed The Seeds Of The Ongoing Violence In Delhi During The Election Campaign”

How can the ongoing violence in Delhi be labelled as a ‘clash’ between the anti-CAA and pro-CAA protesters? I mean, how can the mainstream media, especially those referred to as ‘Modia‘, really spin this situation to rid the perpetrators of the responsibility of the burning Capital?

The videos are there for everyone to see. There are groups of crazy men beating up people for not saying ‘Jai Shri Ram‘, videos of men climbing a mosque after burning it, and then raising saffron flags on it. Pictures of selective destruction of Muslim businesses have also been doing rounds on social media. There are reports of loud speakers allegedly giving command for stone pelting and other instruction to rioters. There’s constant sloganeering to incite hate against Muslims. What is this? Where is pro or anti-CAA in this? It’s for everyone to see in plain sight: this is targeting of a particular religion.

If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, and walks like a duck, according to ‘Modia‘, it’s a fish. That’s what they are doing here, and I dare ask these so-called journalists, do they have no shame? Have they no integrity, ethics or patriotism?

Does it take a genius to realise that BJP’s Delhi election campaign under the leadership of Amit Shah was hateful? It stroke hate against Muslims in the eyes of people, with undercurrent messages of demonising Shaheen Bagh protesters and a particular religion, tagging them as anti-nationals. What did the Home Minister mean in his famous electric shock quote? When BJP ministers called these protesters traitors and that they should be shot dead, what did they mean? When Kapil Mishra said he would take law in his own hands just a day before the Delhi violence, what did he mean?

Well, here is the result. Our Capital is burning, with wounds of hate that may take generations to heal. I don’t know how all this would end up. But I am certain we don’t want another riot like 2002 Gujarat or Delhi 1984. I can’t see my country burning like this. This is my cry for help.

To the sane people who are on the side of the BJP, you know what is happening; I know you aren’t fools. Stand up please, I am begging. Speak out for our country. Sadly, a protest from inside the Modi-Shah party seems like the only solution now. They have ignored everyone who has opposed their beliefs, as if they don’t matter (and it hasn’t, too, they keep winning elections). Save my country, I don’t want to see it getting destroyed. It’s your turn. Stand up, and be an Indian.