Dr Kafeel Khan’s Maternal Uncle Shot Dead In Gorakhpur, UP

The maternal uncle of Dr. Kafeel Khan, Dr. Nusratullah Warsi, was found dead in front of his house at Bankatichak in Rajghat area on Sunday. He was shot dead, said the police.

Dr. Kafeel Khan has been recently arrested for allegedly making provocative remarks during anti-CAA protests. He was arrested last month on the charges of delivering an inflammatory speech at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) against CAA and NRC. He was later charged with the National Security Act.

On Saturday, Dr. Warsi was returning home after meeting his lawyer, Siraj Tariq, when he was shot in the head. He died on the spot.

Dr. Kafeel Khan has been recently arrested for allegedly making provocative remarks during anti-CAA protests.

According to The Times of India report, Dr. Warsi was a 55-year-old property dealer, who owned several properties in and around Gorakhpur, UP, and was fighting cases on illegal possessions.

Dr. Nusratullah Warsi was shot dead on Saturday night at around 10:45 pm. On account of a written complaint of his family members, an FIR has been filed against two people. However, according to the police, he has been murdered over a ‘monetary and property dispute.’

A case for murder and criminal conspiracy has been filed against the two accused. “The two persons suspected by his family had money and land dispute” with him, said the officer.

“On the written complaint of family members, case of murder against one Imammuddin and Anil Sonkar has been registered, and police have initiated a probe and is searching for both the accused. Police met the women in their house and is interrogating them,” said VP Singh, Circle Officer. Three teams have been formed, and the officer had ensured an investigation into the case and that the accused will be caught soon.

Dr. Kafeel Khan had gained attention when 63 children had died due to lack of oxygen, in less than a week, in 2017, at the BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh. At the time, he was posted at the said college.