I Was Disappointed And Defeated, But Here’s How Failure Became My BFF!

And bump! Let’s start from the beginning.

There are moments when you want to pen down your emotions just to tear them apart at once to get it all out of you. I had one such moment. It was insane; I couldn’t figure out what in the world was happening to me.

Man sunset
Disappointed, defeated, and wrapped in darkness, I felt lonely. That phase was very intense.

It was during my last year of graduation in Jaipur. The whole mix of beginning your career, a new college, and the additional excitement take over your head.

I planned my every move, and being a chess player, I nailed that part.

Everything was fixed, I was happy, on cloud nine. I filled out a form for an exam and studied hard to crack it. Everything was going okay.

I was a bit nervous as the days for the exams were approaching. I told my friends and all about it and we built castles in the air about this entire thing, you know how that always happens, right?

When the day came, I went in a local bus, all prepared to face the odds. I know what a great feeling it was to see your dream coming true. I saw people who were inside the bus impatiently waiting for their respective destinations. I was impatient too. People were coming and going.

The bus stopped at my destination. I was relieved to see the time. As I went closer to my exam centre, my heart started pounding. I couldn’t see a candidate other than myself there. I called my friends. It was then that I got to know that the place was different; however, it had the same name. The correct location was about three hours from where I was.

My heart sank. Man! I lost it! The feelings back then made it worse. My plan, my move; everything got shattered within minutes. I failed it without even attempting it. 

Later, I planned for other exams but I failed in them too.

Failure: I did see him many times, but hugging it this time was a memorable moment. I chatted with it for quite a long time and shared all about my aspirations and dreams. It was cool! And way more patient than success.

It told me about its encounters with Ratan Tata, Abdul Kalam, Ayushman Khuranna, and the way they made it their companion along the way. I know failure hits hard, but the way it reassembles the real you, it becomes your best friend forever, too.