The Unusual Month Of February: Trump’s Visit And U/A Approval To Gay Romance

The month of February, named after the Latin term ‘februum‘, meaning purification, is ready to depart from us. Despite being the shortest month of the year, it begins with a festival of love and ends with the sanguine positiveness of heralding the spring season. This year’s second month is going to complete 29 days in its entirety. This brings the unit of time in completion with the addition of one extra day in this very special month. Such modification occurs once in a four-year duration. So, this year’s 366 days thereby keep the calendar year synchronised with the seasonal year.

This month’s concluding part will also be remembered for visit of US President Donald Trump in our country. It is in itself a big factor for Indo-US relations. Along with his much-publicised arrival, the screening of a very queer film ‘Shubh Mangal Jyaada Saabdhan‘ is also different than we thought. The CBFC finally allowed the film to be screened, which shows that they’ve somehow given an approval to gay romance.

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan got released on 21st February and has received a mixed response on its portrayal of gay romance.

If we observe the mood of market gazers regarding the certification, they would not term it a wrong decision. The film, with its promising start, engraved cinegoers’ interest in the story by presenting glimpses of same-sex relationships with exemplary perfection. The film has even got immense appreciation from the US President for its story, taking a cue from gay rights activist Peter Tatchell, who shared an article on the film on Twitter. Actor Ayushmann Khurrana felt great about President Trump’s tweet of ‘Great’ for the film.

Further, it appears a bit more unusual when the month is dubbed as the ugly month by some. American actress and writer Jenny Slate has no words of justification upon this typical, abnormal impression for the unique month in her book ‘Little Weirds‘. She pens down:

“What can I do? I can only breath in deeply. I can only bellow in a church that is deep inside of myself. I can only blast a shell-shaped horn that would shake down old buildings. I can only leap for joy in my sacred inner caves and ring out the message: I am alive. I woke up again. I might as well be sprouting leaves, I might as well be covered in little clams.

This makes us ponder over what she actually anticipated through her writing. Her conveyed views frame spectacular moments that sneak up quietly to surprise us till the month completes its fixed days.