Gramiksha: Mobilising Youth To Become Educational Leaders

Gramiksha is a non-government organisation that serves in the field of community development, child welfare, education and literature. Commenced in the year 2011 in Gwalior, the organisation is now running its operation in Jaipur, Delhi, Bhopal, Pune, Laxmangarh and Indore. Gramiksha works to better the quality of government schools, and assist kids in enhancing their knowledge and overall development. It unites the youth and is constituted of like-minded young professionals and students who believe in actuating this desire and help the community.

The concept of Gramiksha is to enhance the quality of education in India by mobilising youth to become educational leaders. The NGO’s purpose is to make schools a higher-performing learning system by leveraging the existent resources. The core value on which Gramiksha is established is of nourishment.

The concept of Gramiksha is to enhance the quality of education in India by mobilising youth to become educational leaders. Image provided by the author.

With the help of our volunteering team, we successfully conducted ‘Project Pankh’ where we talked to the students of some government schools about topics that are otherwise forgotten in their curricula, such as climate change and family relations, among others. Project Pankh’s main purpose is to make students socially aware, confident and open to communication. Our team tried to offer a platform to the students where they could open up to us, and question themselves and their surroundings in order to be emotionally awakened.

‘Project Udaan’ is also a highlight of Gramiksha, in which we focus on developing personal and social qualities among children and promoting extracurricular activities in government schools that enhance education and promote overall development. In this project, we try to combine theoretical classes with everyday reality through activity-based learning designs that help build an environment favourable to growth and learning. By engaging in such activities, students acquire qualities like public speaking that stimulate perceptive thinking, leadership skills and boost self-confidence in the students.

In ‘Project Udaan’, theoretical classes are combined with everyday reality through activity-based learning designs that help build an environment favourable to growth and learning. Image provided by the author.

One of the most notable projects of the organisation is ‘Project Seed’ where we intend to make schools a higher-performing learning system, by leveraging the current resources and building alignment among all the stakeholders of the school system.

Most of our members are either college students or young professionals who come from different cultures, which strengthens us even more. We focus on working collectively on a common purpose and learn from the interactions with each other. Our organisation is very effective as the fact that our workforce includes people in their late teens or early twenties, means they are an energetic group of people who aspire to make a difference to the country.

We at Gramiksha conduct many fundraisers such as bake sale, flash mob, etc, and combined with the energy of our members, we educate the society about the changes we need to bring to make this world a better place. All we strive for is to be the change and to bring this change we work day and night to empower the youth and make education viable to all.

Featured image provided by the author.