Here’s How I Fought Depression And Came Out The Other Side Stronger!

I was just 15 when I fell in love. After passing my SSC examination, I had taken admission to the science stream. I was enjoying my college life, and one beautiful morning I saw her. I am unable to describe what I felt on that day!

It’s not that I had never seen a more beautiful girl than her, but I don’t know why my heart skipped a beat for her. I sent her a friend request on Facebook. I thought God was happy with me because she accepted my friend request. I started chatting with her. Days passed, months passed, and I became her good friend. All thanks to my filmy and happy-go-lucky nature.

Whenever her message used to pop up, I used to feel like I was on the ninth cloud. By then, I guess she had realized that I love her. Later, she started to ignore me. Also, I got delayed replies from her. And one day she told me that she had a boyfriend.

I said to myself, why doesn’t this world end right now? My dreams were shattered. The girl whom I loved more than myself hid a huge secret from me. I told her that I love her, but she was in no mood to listen to me. Finally, she stopped talking to me.

I went into depression. And that too for three long years.

I graduated. But not with good marks.

After that, I had one question: What to do in life? Will anyone give me a job? I had lost my confidence. The worst thing was that during my college campus interview I got rejected in the first round of the interview itself.

I cried a lot. I started thinking about suicide. Yeah, that’s bad, I know. But that time, I wasn’t in the state of understanding what’s rational and what’s not.

One day my best friend came to my house. He consoled me and told me to come with him. He took me to a meditation center and registered my name. I didn’t want to, but he didn’t listen to me. I started attending mindfulness meditation workshops, and, gradually, I started feeling better.

Also, I talked with my friends who were doing well in their work-life. They advised me to do a digital marketing course. So I listened to their suggestions and did a course.

Later, I gave a few interviews and finally, I was hired by a digital marketing agency in Pune. Now, I am writing this post after 2 years into this job.

Friends, remember bad things happen to everyone. But warriors fight back. If something bad happens to you, just stay silent. Don’t take any decision in that phase.

Attend good meet-ups/workshops, meet new people, read good books. Also, think about your family. Even if the whole world is against you, it’s your family that will stand by you. Think about it.

Have a strong purpose in your life and start chasing it. When you do it, nothing in this world will affect you, trust me.

I hope my story will help you.

Please share your feedback.