“I Want Love, Not A Relationship”

Hard times pass, but they teach us a lot. It’s not always obvious that you have to blame yourself or anyone else; instead, situations should be blamed. Of course, they could have been better if they were handled properly, but one person cannot take all the responsibilities.

Relationships, which are tied between two people, can’t be cured or sustained by the efforts of one person alone. It’s important for both of them to be a part of it, whether to sort it out or to end it. Nothing lasts long if maltreated every now and then.

Relationships are lovely. I believe everything seems beautiful as it is as if a seeker is happy inside-out. They not only trigger happiness but also bring life with them.

Relationships heal past wounds. If you have the support of someone all the time, it enhances your quality of living; you tend to make better decisions. Life feels complete when you have your loved ones around you, who encourage you when you need it the most.

Love is beautiful only when you know how to love others, and know you’re being loved back. Love provides internal happiness and immense pleasure when treated softly. At times, people take their loved ones casually and that is the point where they miss on the actual importance of their partner.

In love, there is no room for a casualty of your beloved. In love, there is no place for apologies, which actually don’t have a meaning, in my opinion.

But I believe that no one should have this thing anymore because since the past few years, I have been living with this and honestly, it has not resulted in anything positive.

It’s easy to hurt people and blame them. It’s easy to get rid of it but the actual pain lies in continuing that behaviour. But I believe that no one should have this thing anymore; because since the past few years, I have been living with this and honestly, it has not resulted in anything positive.

It’s good to invest your time in it, but only when you can see it’s substantial and leading to your own growth. No one should beg for love when they already have enough of it within them.

When you beg for love, you actually disrespect it; because it’s not something to be begged for. If a person can’t understand your love after explaining several times, it’s better to leave.

I believe there is a difference between ‘being in love’ and being in ‘a relationship.’ Relationships can exist without love, can have darkness, dishonesty, disrespect in them; but love is pure. It can never be wrong, can never be dishonest or disappointing.

While writing this statement, I got some clarity myself: I want love, not a relationship. For the past many days, I was mistaken between love and a relationship; but I am pretty sure about it now.

One should never be in an untrustworthy, dishonest and disloyal relationship. Not every time must you strive for things that come to you; few things actually teach you to be better in life. I have learnt to be more accepting and true to what it means to me. It’s wrong to be with someone who doesn’t love you back or have enough capabilities (loyalty and respect) to reach up to you and be with you. 

If you are not satisfied, don’t be in it. Learn to live on your own. Love yourself enough. Love your near ones and people for whom you mean something. Love is beautiful in all its forms, but it has to be love.

What is life if it is meaningless? What is life if you can’t keep your loved ones happy? What is life if you are not important to people? What is life if you can’t reciprocate?