Opinion: To Protect India’s Future, We Need To Leave Religion And Caste At Home

India is a country of lions and lionesses but it is either led by pawns or wolves in sheep’s clothing.

We have forgotten our reality. I think we are not humans anymore, we are clowns whose roles are decided by the politicians or as they call themselves, protectors of religion and makers of the future.

It’s high time that we start protecting our future by leaving our religion, and caste inside our homes and getting out with only one religion, India.

I am baffled by this fact that, for centuries, we have been easily divided and ruled over. Won’t you be confused if you see a sheep ruling over a lion?

This is the current picture of India. We, in the 21st century, are fighting for our castes, our religion, our states. Should this be our fight?

I can understand politicians and their blind followers when they talk about Dalits in one region and Brahmins in others; when they wear a skull cap in one place and turban in other to prove that they care about us in different forms.

It’s almost as if they can be Vishnu, the Prophet and Guru Nanak according to the requirement of the time and majority of the religion of people in that region.

So if one observes carefully, a politician will never appear as Shiva or Vishnu or simply as a Hindu, which might be the religion he follows deeply, in a region with the majority of Muslims. Such is the shameless behaviour that a politician possesses.

The media in the country is working as an icing on the cake. In my opinion, they make sure that people hate each other, especially a Hindu must hate a Muslim and vice-versa. And when there is no fight between a Hindu and Muslim, then the fight for reservation takes its toll and kills and destroys the nation to a limitless extent.

As per my observations, the media is so generous in the country, that it not only helps politicians but also terrorists to locate their targets carefully and strategically. By doing this, they claim themselves to be the number one election channel or number one in viewership.

I know neither the whole media is like this nor all politicians, but the majority of both are running their businesses by spreading hatred and fear in the hearts of fellow citizens.

It’s high time that we start protecting our future by leaving our religion, caste inside our homes and getting out with only one religion, India.

We should only be perturbed about the growth of our country. We should only be concerned about social issues like hygiene, happiness index, poverty, education, health, and transport etc.

Neither Modi nor Owaisi; neither Kejriwal nor Gandhi; neither Mayawati nor Yadav; neither Yechury nor Khan; neither Reddy nor Kumari; neither Thackrey nor Chavan; neither Badal nor Singh; neither Gehlot nor Raje can bring about change. If we want to stop living like a third-world country, then we should be the ones to do it: to stop living like that.

This post was originally published by the author on their Medium account. Access the original piece, here.