BJP’s Kapil Mishra Gives Delhi Police 3-Day Ultimatum On Jaffrabad Protests

In an unprecedented series of events, on Sunday 23rd Feb 2020, BJP leader, Kapil Mishra gave an ultimatum to the Delhi Police, in the presence of North- East district DCP, Ved Prakash Surya.

He said that he will not listen to the Police if they will not get the Jaffrabad and Chand Bagh roads cleared within three days. He added that he will remain silent till US President Trump is in India but not after that.

At 5:11 PM, Mishra again tweeted that he is giving only three days to the Delhi Police, to remove the protesters. Source: Twitter

Kapil Mishra said, “The DCP is standing with us, and I would like to let him know, on behalf of all you (protestors), that till US President Donald Trump is in the country, we won’t do anything. But after he leaves, we will not listen to you.”

On Saturday night, around 500 people, mostly women, started the protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 (CAA) and the National Register of Citizens (NRC) near Jaffrabad metro station, which blocked roads connecting Jaffrabad and Chand Bagh roads.

On the same day, the anti-CAA protest started and at 1:22 PM, and Kapil Mishra urged pro-CAA people to gather at Maujpur red light at 3 PM and then allegedly stone pelting took place between the two groups. However, Kapil Mishra denied that pro-CAA gathering pelted the stones. 

Police fired tear gas shells as members of the two groups pelted stones at each other in Maujpur. At 5:11 PM, Mishra again tweeted, that he is giving only three days to the Delhi Police to remove the protesters.

On Saturday night, around 500 people, mostly women, started the protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 (CAA) and the National Register of Citizens (NRC) near Jaffrabad metro station, which blocked roads connecting Jaffrabad and Chand Bagh roads. Image source: Twitter.

The entry and exit gates of the Maujpur-Babarpur metro were also closed because of the protest. This chain of events raises many valid questions.

Why no action has been initiated by Delhi Police till now, against Kapil Mishra, as his ultimatum to Delhi Police in presence of a DCP is a clear threat to law and order? When Kafil Khan can be arrested for disturbing public order then why can’t he?

Who is Kapil Mishra?

Kapil Mishra is an ex MLA (from Karawal Nagar) and minister who was in Aam Admi Party (AAP) and when sacked from AAP, he levelled serious corruption charges on Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, however, nothing was proved, and he could not provide any substantial proof to support his claim.

Recently, during the Delhi elections, he made several communal speeches, he even said that Delhi election is a match between India and Pakistan for which Election Commission reprimanded him. This time, he unsuccessfully contested from the model town seat on a BJP ticket.

Now, even the Delhi BJP President, Manoj Tiwari has said, that people like Kapil Mishra, who make hate speeches, should be removed from the party, as they damage the vote bank of the party.

A Lesser-Known Fact About Kapil Mishra

As per this report, Kapil Mishra was sacked from AAP because he tried to overthrow Arvind Kejriwal and become Chief Minister by extending support to the BJP. But it came to the notice of Kejriwal, and he was sacked.

Calls were made to at least 15 legislators, luring them to leave the AAP and join Mr. Mishra a week before he was sacked from the Cabinet. Five of these MLAs were constantly in touch with Mr. Mishra — even till a day before he was sacked, states the above report.

“The plan was to get these 15 MLAs onboard and then win the trust of the 21 legislators who faced disqualification on office-of-profit charges. They were promised high positions and were also told that their Assembly membership would be retained with support from the BJP,” a party source ” reports The Hindu.

It is high time for the government to take strict actions against those who make hate speeches and pose a threat to public order. Political preference can’t be a basis to give justice.