Quick Byte: “Caste, Religion And Financial Independence Are Still Conditions For Marriage”

They say love is not easy, especially when you are trying to find true love. To form a relationship is no longer a herculean task.  Facebook, WhatsApp and Tinder have made it easier for young girls and boys to express their emotions and feelings. “I am in an open relationship’, “I am in a complicated relationship”.

When it comes to marriage or choosing a life partner, I believe most Indians are still not quite open to their true feelings.

‘My bae’, ‘my partner in crime’ are some of the commonly used tags, used by young lovers, to express their attachment to each other, and they don’t hesitate to openly show it to the world.

But when it comes to marriage or choosing a life partner, I believe most Indians are still not quite open to their true feelings. Caste, religion, financial independence still stand as conditions for marriage.

In present times, both men and women are independent and want to excel in life and achieve success. Adjust-ability becomes a common issue.

Couples who are madly in love, also break up, owning to these reasons. I was single for a long time and recently got married; it was a love marriage. Though love happened to me, it did not come earlier, because somewhere, deep down, I too, was mentally tied down by societal conditions.