Quick Byte: Love Without Respect Is A Mirage

A girl is in a state of emotional grapple, whose side should she be taking?

An over-obsessed boyfriend, who loves her so much that his insecurities have taken the better of him?

Or her friends, who didn’t stop caring for her even after facing violence by her boyfriend? Do we really have to lose our loved ones to prove our love? Is true love all about shallow vows of fidelity, when you can’t even trust the love of your life with her friends?

This is not a fictional tale. Rather, it is just another day from the life of this girl. A girl who is in depression because she doesn’t want to lose her ‘Prince Charming’, or so the lady thought when the two first exchanged glances at each other. Things might have been slightly better had someone also told her that ‘Prince Charming’ is a beauty both inside and out. She never knew that it was not a prerequisite for someone to sacrifice their own individuality to become entitled as someone’s better half.

Of course, he loves her. But how could he ever allow her to talk to ‘other’ boys who happened to be her friends? What if she denies to set in the moulds he had freshly baked for her? Wouldn’t he be obliged to use the emotional card, then? It would be simple, wouldn’t it? Threaten her once about killing yourself, and then her voice will die down.