#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene Importance

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

To,

The health deportment of telangana,

Hyderabad.

Sub:- about awareness of menstrual hygiene to the rural people.

There is no proper understanding of what precautions should be taken during menstruation in rural areas.
Cloths are used during menstruation. They are washed and reused. They suffer from itching and fungal illnesses.
Most people are not aware of the use of sanitary pods. Disposal of sanitary pods is a mistake in sight. It is believed that doing so would harm anything.
To get them out of this situation, need to educate them on the importance of sanitary pods in rural areas.
Girls should be educated about the need for personal hygiene and the importance of sanitary pods during menstruation in their parents and family members, rather than informing them
The government should make sure sanitary pods are available in rural schools.
The textbooks should include textbooks on menstruation, personal hygiene and the use of sanitary pods. It should be included since 6th grade.
Sanitary pods should be used to make it understandable that such harm does not occur.
Finally, they should inform others about the sanitary pods and personal hygiene precautions to be taken during menstruation.

K. Mamatha, room to read, credoc, Kosgi