Mosaic: An Alluring Art That Plays With Pieces

People wish to have beautiful homes with spectacular interiors. After all, art is loved by everyone, especially when imitated as home décor. Mosaic art is really one of the most captivating pieces of art. It looks as realistic as it can get that can be emulated on walls, floors, ceilings, mirrors and for other architectural adornments. The small pieces of stones, mirrors, beads, shells are gathered together to create an alluring area for a peaceful escape.

Mosaic designs are famous for ornamentation as well as are divergent, according to the material and area. Pebble mosaics were used in Greek and Roman empires during the bronze age. Those usually depicted Jesus Christ, cavalry warfare, nymphs, demons, people sailing on boats and more. They are good for floorings because mirrors are risky to be installed on floors; one cracked piece could injure badly. Coloured pebbles are preferred for mosaics. Stone mosaics have various ranges like etched stones and hand-painted stones.

“Coloured pebbles are preferred for mosaics. Stone mosaics have various ranges like etched stones and hand-painted stones.”

Mirror mosaics are formed with tesserae, these are flat, sharp, roughly square pieces of colourful glasses. They look beautiful among all mosaics because they shine under the contact of light. Charming glass mosaics are assembled for wall art, paintings and for beautiful ceiling artifacts. They too make appealing frames and mirrors. Beads and shells make gorgeous mosaics too.

Shells are installed in fountains most of the time so that they look authentic. They also make beautiful mosaic paintings. If someone wants to have a nice naturalistic kitchen shell, these are indeed a good choice. Tile mosaics are now incorporated in interior designing providing one more option for floors. Ceramic tiles are the most commonly used mosaics today, while Smalti tile is the most expensive and attractive tile that is being used for floor mosaic.