“Now, She Will Live A Life Of Buried Dreams And Endless Silent Tears.”

Their love only increased with each passing day, and they made several unending promises to each other about the future, life and companionship. Representational image.

I want to share a story that I witnessed, about love. A girl and a boy met in college, and before they knew it, they were interacting more and more, with each passing day. Eventually, the guy fell in love with the girl, proposed to her, and she gladly accepted it.

Their love only increased with each passing day, and they made several unending promises to each other about the future, life and companionship. It was a love of purity, belonging, solace and togetherness.

They stood by each other through thick and thin. It was all going good until the girl became of so-called ‘marriageable age’.

The girl expressed her love for the guy to her family, and they strongly objected, since the boy was of a lower caste (the usage of the word is only for the sake of narration; these are not my personal views).

However, the girl didn’t give up and tried finding ways to convince her parents. Later, she even fell into depression seeing no positive signs from her parents.

She sacrificed for her family and their so-called reputation in society. Representational image.

Her parents started blackmailing her emotionally, saying that if she ever gets married to that guy, she will lose them forever. Three years passed; the girl relocated to her home on the insistence of her parents, but nothing changed for her.

And finally, the day came when she gave up her desires, dreams, love, affection for the guy and she ended up getting engaged to the man of her parents’ choice.

Yes, she sacrificed for her family and their so-called reputation in society. But, more importantly, it changed her image in the mind of the guy she loved.

Despite everything, he respected her decision and left silently without protesting. Now, the entire family is happy but the girl is dead inside, in spite of that vibrant smile on her face. Now, she will live a life of buried dreams and endless silent tears.