“Sir, Don’t Be Such A Coward”: A Letter To The Chief Minister Of Delhi

Dear Arvind Kejriwal,

We know the Delhi Police is not under your control. But, why are you showing such a casual gesture at a time of calamity in our city, where people are being targeted based on their identities, they are even being killed. Also, our police officers are being targeted, and one of them lost their life.

You know what you can do in such a situation. As you have claimed many times, you are the follower of Mahatma Gandhi, who had shown many methods and means to register your protest and how to extend help for people in need in times of crisis.

Then you must be aware of what can one do. Even if you are a nobody. But sir, you are the sitting Chief Minister of Delhi. You have more than 60 Members of Assembly in Delhi, along with lakhs of volunteers.

Sir, don’t be such a coward, as you have often said that you are not for the post, but to serve and to help the people. This is a difficult time for the people of our country, and specifically for Delhi. Any and every act, of people like you, will be counted in history, like we remembered 1984, 2002, and now we are in 2020.

You have a lot of things to offer, even if you don’t have the power to control the police force.

People will not be expecting anything from those who are already with them to be part with their bandwagon, but we still believe you have not gone that far with the Right, for merely becoming the Chief Minister.

Start showing your courage. You have a lot of things to offer, even if you don’t have the power to control the police force. in such circumstances, your every action will be remembered.

Please act sir, you know better than us, what you can do.

With regards,
Tauqueer