“When I See Negativity Around Me, It Breaks Me From The Inside”

I was an innocent child a few years back: a child who believed that the world is simply a picture made of different beautiful and bright colours, i.e., us humans. A child who used to find, learn, and acquire good things from each and every possible corner of the world; who used to believe that everything is genuine and pure. That was so because I used to think with my heart.

I didn’t know what negativity means and what a negative thing is. But, now when I’m an adult, I see negative things and mishaps all around myself. I see and feel the chaos even in the most serene places. I find myself unable to see anything great, positive, or cheerful.

Instead, what I see is that there’s a rat race going on amongst the youth of the society; a rat race between the educated ones to prove that their viewpoints are right; a rat race amongst the downtrodden section of the society for their survival and existence. And what is more heartbreaking is that in all these rat races, we are forgetting who we truly are.

I have always considered myself to be a strong man, a strong person who can handle any situation with a smile on his face. But now, the more I smile, the more it seems like a lie. Representational image.

We’re forgetting that we are humans. We’re forgetting that we should love each other instead of spreading hate. “We forget that ‘we’ are ‘we,’ not you and me.” But unfortunately, if things go on like this, then this race will end soon and no one would have won it. Races don’t last long, but marathons do.

I don’t find anything positive- neither outside nor inside. I have always considered myself to be a strong man, a strong person who can handle any situation with a smile on his face. But now, the more I smile, the more it seems like a lie.

As a good human being, I have always wanted everyone to smile and be happy; that’s what I’ve always wanted. That’s what I want now and that would be something which will always be on the top of my list forever. But it’s really hard to believe or digest that when I see these negative things, it breaks me from the inside.

Gradually, I’m becoming the person I never wanted to be because I never wanted to feel the dark side of the world. Today, all I am surrounded by is negativity. This concerns me as I can feel that I’m slowly becoming a negative person myself. This breaks my heart. Avoiding things is a choice, but escaping the negative ones isn’t.