Ladies First: Let’s Put Ourselves Ahead Of Others’ Expectations

They say ladies first, but in what context are these women privileged with such kindness from society? We are getting the primary position only in terms of satire, taunts, rebuke, manipulation, and last but not the least, harassment. If a slight disorder is created by one of us, the entire society will raise their voice against all women.

In heinous crimes such as rapes, the society primarily blames the victim, who is mostly a woman! Sadly, a woman is the first person to be blamed and is accused by her own creed. Society is inherently judgmental towards a woman. A homemaker is criticised for being ‘idle’ at home. A working professional is criticised and taunted in the lines of “then who will look after the kids?“. When you have a single child, society instigates you to go for another child. At every step of her life, she meets with constant nagging and criticism.

“Gone are the days when women used to live their lives on someone else’s terms and conditions. Let us pledge and write the rules of our own life!”

Now, this is exactly why a woman should be confident and ignorant of what the society perceives of her! One must practice what they derive pleasure out of, by discarding all fears, stereotypes and anticipations. We women must enjoy the soulful journey of life and feel the magic of existence. We should just be our own true selves. Self-esteem is a vital ingredient of our lives, whether they like you or not. There’s no point in forcing someone to understand your worth.

We must learn to respect our own selves before seeking respect from someone else. Let us welcome our life with merry, cheer and happiness. Gone are the days when women used to live their lives on someone else’s terms and conditions. Let us pledge and write the rules of our own life!