Delhi Exit Polls: Only Time Will Tell Which Party Crept Into The Voters’ Psyche

The voter turnout percentage right from the highest recorded rate in Ballimaran seat to the lowest number of voters’ assemblage at Cantonment constituency in Delhi assembly elections remained at 62.59%. The Election Commission itself revealed the figure. Besides, over ₹12 crores worth of cash was reported to have been seized by the EC. Slow voting in the early hours turned out to be in contrast with a stunning surge at the polling booths in the evening. Still, there are a few more hours to go for the start of the much-sought-after counting of the votes.

This tormenting gap of so many strenuous hours leads the utmost primacy of the exit polls directing at assumption or speculation of voters’ tilt on Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party’s side. What really happens will be clear only on the tremendous Tuesday! Whosoever emerges to be in the overwhelming position will be great news. By then, it would be amply clear which political party side crept into the voters’ psyche.

Delhi BJP President Manoj Tiwari has dissed the exit polls claiming that BJP will form the govt in Delhi with at least 48 seats.

Rejecting every obscure claim, Manoj Tiwari, BJP state unit president, quite clearly announced that the exit polls results were all rubbish and asserted that the BJP would form the government at Delhi with at least 48 seats. He also tweeted that it was better not to find faults with the Electronic Voting Machine, an electronic device for recording votes, from now on.

In the meantime, the deputy election commissioner, Sudeep Jain maintained that less than one per cent VVPAT (Voter-Verifiable Paper Audit Trail), a method of providing feedback to voters using a ballot less voting system, was replaced due to the excellent training given to the polling officials. This proof-verification paper remains readable to human eyes, and voters can directly interpret their vote.

The 70-seat Delhi assembly polls had centred the needle around the AAP’s developmental works and other political parties’ rhetoric prior to February 8th. It has now been dangling between the exit polls and the saffron claims. Even the Congress party’s Haroon Yusuf almost acknowledged that the AAP’s six-month people-centric welfare schemes or the freebies have worked. Though he said, it was a current, different kind of tendency. The Congress party, as we know, ruled the state between 1993 and 2018. It drew a blank in the year 2015. Sitting next to him, the BJP’s vociferous lady politician kept on reiterating that the party was going to ascend the seat of the power in the capital state.

After listening to the conflicting opinions of so many political parties coming through numerous references over the past few days, it is pretty easy to come up with a separate, tricky conclusion. Describing a list of crucial realities Aristotle, once upon a time, had ably explained in his own salacious style by noting a bunch of stuff that was very wrong. Galileo Galilei and Isaac Newton fixed things up, then Albert Einstein broke everything again. Now, we have basically got it all worked out, except for small stuff, big stuff, hot stuff, cold stuff, heavy stuff, dark stuff, turbulence and the concept of time.