Here’s How This Team Of Young Riders Celebrated Republic Day With An Awareness Campaign

Our three riders came to Nagpur, Maharashtra on 22nd January 2020. Nagpur team welcomed them and arranged a welcome ceremony in a stadium of Nagpur with Mrs Thackeray Ma’am.

On 23rd January 2020, our three riders had an introduction with Radio Mirchi and our riders Mr Yogesh and Mr Ranchod updated the RJ about our mission, briefed them about our foundation’s aim and about the cycling campaign. They also told them how our teams are working hard to make India a safe country to live in.

On 25th January 2020, team Nagpur, with all the admins and riders, conducted ‘Khushiyan Baanton’ campaign in two slum areas of Nagpur. Our riders made them aware and interacted with the children there. They provided them lessons on good touch and bad touch. Our President Piyush Monga interacted with all the elders and adults of the area. In ‘Khushiyaan Baanton’ campaign, we distributed clothes to the needy people there.

On 26th January 2020, on Republic Day, the Nagpur team with all the admins and riders collaborated with NGO Ek Wadal Bhartacha. The event was organised at Futala lake, Nagpur, Maharashtra. A huge number of people attended and participated in our event. Our riders and admins interacted and sensitised the public about our mission.

The event ended with a silent protest from Futala lake to zero miles. We covered a distance of at least 5 kms in this silent rally and demanded justice to the victims of rape. We got a great response from the public, and there were some more people who wanted to join us as new volunteers.

Later, all of us also visited Kamti, where Mrs Thackeray invited the admins, riders and team Nagpur. We had a warm welcome over there and had a great interaction with the people around.

On 27th January 2020, a seminar was conducted in Kamptee Globus ITI college where three of our riders conducted an interactive session with around 400-500 students. Riders talked about our mission, taught them self defence techniques and about good and bad touch. After that, we visited ITI for a seminar. We were invited to this seminar by a professor of ITI, who had joined us at the event on 26th January. There, too, we interacted with students and taught them about the same things.

We had a great experience in Nagpur. All the events and seminars were a great success. We received a lot of support and love from everyone and hope for the same response in future and other cities too.