1.In my living community I observed that the people are not ready to speak openly about the monthly periods of women.They almost talk in low voice and maintain secrets, and they feel that no one should hear when they speak .
2. Some people even observe very hard fast rules that they make the child to sit separately in the house and maintain the separate plate , glass etc… and after the 5th day bath they allow the child with the family members.
3. In some families during the periods if a child is suffering from stomach pain ,they are give some Ayurvedic leaf juice as medicine for curing the pain.
4. Still some people believe that during the period the girls should not touch the pickles and should not go to temples.First time menses ,they strictly follow the rules by making the child to set separately for 11 days.
5. Some people still have the mean shy feeling to buy the sanitary napkins in the shop .
1. We should bring awareness people that it is not only secrets to be maintained and it is a common topic.
2. We should bring awareness for parents and children that the menstrual periods is a common biological process .
3. Some people are still believing superstitions believes we should guide the parents about facts and myths.
4. A mother should be educated in every house not to follow the superstitions believes.
5. Girl should feel easy and comfort to buy the sanitary napkins ,there is no need to maintain any secrete to buy them .
Ch. Udaya Sree, Social Mobilizer ,
Room To Read, India Trust.