Singles Vs Mingled: Social Media’s Waging Fury Over Single-hood

Every now and then, we come across some random meme page that is continuously raising sarcastic monologues and explaining how sad it is for an individual to be single: “Oh! My bad. Did I say single? Well, I meant poor souls.” Ultimately, we are pushed to believe that being single is a sin, and perhaps everybody in this world is meant to be paired up. Recently, I was going through an old lady’s statement who happened to be in her 100s. When asked about her secret elixir to such a long life, she said, “I chose to be single and remain tension-free”. That made me laugh for quite a few hours. Pondering over her answer, I thought, “It’s okay to be single and enjoy it, but what about the spice? Life can’t be monotonous after all.”

Often, we come across statements by bachelors: “I am looking for the one who stays”,  “I’m looking for somebody whose vibes make me feel at home”, or “Perhaps, hit and trial is not our way.”  Then there are comebacks to counter these ideas with: “Don’t preach if you just can’t find yourselves a partner”, “projects ultimate savagery”, and “The war continues.” *dramatic sighs*

One should have a look at the array of posts during the valentine’s week, where rants and memes of single-hood became the topmost trend and managed to sway the internet with their hilarious comebacks. Targeting singles probably takes the center stage when it comes to the celebration of couple goals. Well, there is the other side of the story as well. Singles defending themselves by coming up with exemplary comebacks is again a treat to watch in this waging war of Singles Vs Mingled.

As I see it, there is no end to this vocal battle, which is swaying the socials just like a fire. Well, speaking typically on the idea of relationship statuses, I believe that a majority of single people these days are just some hopeless romantics who are merely stuck in this hookup culture and have been denounced of their viewpoint for very long. The idea is that, as long as a person is happy, be it whichever way, it is worth pursuing.

Featured image provided by the author.