Story Of Vandit Shah, An Entrepreneur Who Crushed All Stereotypes

This story isn’t about me, but about a friend I came across at work. I have been reading several articles on the YKA platform, and I always wanted to share something but didn’t know what to write. My friend Vandit Shah’s story is something I thought I should share with you all—not just because it’s an engaging issue, but because it is a tale of motivation, and frankly, quite an astonishing one.

Imagine an ordinary boy in 12th grade, a shy student living in Ahmadabad, average in studies! Did I tell you guys that Vandit doesn’t even have a degree? When he was in 12th grade, he started working in an Airtel call centre to support his family. He was doing night shifts back then. Because of the unavailability of funds and stressful working hours, he never went to college and instead worked extra hours at the call centre to bring home the bacon.

He wasn’t from an English medium school and couldn’t speak a single word of the language. A few years of working in a call centre enabled him to sharpen his sales skills, and he began searching for sales jobs. But without a degree and proficiency in the English language, he wasn’t perceived as a suitable choice.

Today, when the unemployment rate is touching the sky, and college graduates are deemed as ‘unemployable’ because of deficiency of practical learning, self-employment through start-ups is the way out for many—until our government helps these graduates. Vandit started giving sales services to the clients he had made acquaintance with during his initial years of work and went on to become a sales expert, an IT guide, a project consultant, and a professional sales trainer.

He then thought of writing a book which seemed bizarre to me at the time. In my opinion, he hardly seemed like one who would be able to organise his thoughts and write them down. He stayed up till late to work on his book, self-edited it several times before finalising the manuscript. Finally, his book You Gotta Close The Deal was released and created quite the uproar in the sales and marketing world.

Just a few months ago, a very reputed and popular young entrepreneurial awarding organization selected him over hundreds of other young entrepreneurs. He was awarded the “Young Entrepreneur and Professional Sales Trainer” because he had started his journey at a very young age. That evening, I was a proud friend of an IT guide, a project consultant, a professional sales trainer, and an author who had started out with a call centre job. Unlike many, he had built a life for himself. Unlike many, he chose to work, rather than complain.

Now, whenever a work associate needs a sales or negotiation tip, I suggest that they just drop a message to Vandit. He is just a message away. He is one in a billion, the kind of person whose story is bound to motivate us as our career choices scare and depress us on a daily basis. To a friend and an amazing person, hats off man!

Connect with him right now

Instagram – https://instagram.com/vanditshahofficial?igshid=xjqxxw4o24e

Whether you are a student or a professional, convincing skills are a powerful asset, acquire it through his tips!