Why I Chose To Study For My Masters In The UK

While growing up, I always aspired to do my higher studies abroad and after finishing my undergraduate degree from DU, when I was looking at my Masters option, UK was the ultimate choice.

The reason I chose UK from the very beginning was firstly because I was always attracted to the culture and places there. When I visited UK in 2009, somewhere, I looked forward to study there someday.

However, there were very many reasons to choose UK. As I was planning to do my Masters in Business Studies, UK had a wide range of reputed business schools. Although the work visa problem was an issue but I chose to experience a UK student life over the security of a job.

I feel students today look at UK and Europe especially to pursue their higher education because of the culture and heritage that these country hold in itself. This helps us not just work on the given curriculum but to know and explore the different cultural aspects as well.

The diversity in UK colleges is huge. People come from different parts of the world, whether China, India or United States. The European population of UK universities is also quite high.

Further, the modes and method of study is quite different from that of India, therefore that becomes even more attractive to explore.

Deciding to study in the UK was a big risk for my career as the post-study visa system is irrelevant but I was willing to take that risk because I wanted to experience British education while I could. This is a calculative risk that I had to take to fulfill my dream of doing my Masters from the United Kingdom.

Featured Image for representation only.
Source: University of Fraser Valley/Flickr.