The Biggest Issue Faced By Youth Nowadays: Depression

Depression is a word that gets suppressed almost every time it comes to notice. This is a matter of concern because, even in the present era where men and women have reached almost every corner of the world and are exploring the universe, the youth are going through a serious mental illness known as depression.

Globally, more than 300 million people of all age groups suffer from depression. Image for representation only.

At times, the friends and families of people suffering from depression don’t openly discuss this problem and stop the person from even talking about this issue. They are not given a chance to talk about what they are going through. People need to stop and think, what are the real emotions of a person who has a hard time dealing with evil like depression?

This person is not given a say as most individuals think that they are ‘overthinking’ and it’s a ‘normal’ situation. They fail in giving this illness the attention it deserves. This behavior, especially of the relatives and friends secludes the depressed person even more, which ultimately leads them on a destructive path.

Quick Facts About Depression

• Globally, more than 300 million people of all age groups suffer from depression.
  • Depression is a leading cause of disability worldwide.
  • It may lead to suicide, close to 8,00,000 people die due to suicide every year and is the second leading cause of deaths in 15–29-year-olds.