Is This The India We Want To Live In?

Hello,

This is my first time writing on this platform. Hence, I apologize for any mistakes I make while writing this.

I have been watching the day-to-day news, and I have come face to face with the duality of being an Indian, after thinking about the present burning issue of NRC-CAA, which has been presented in hundred different ways to us whether it’s the so-called debate between the leftist or rightist ideology, politicians or students, Hindus or Muslims blaming each other.

Can we justify innocent lives lost due to hate politics under the rule of this fascist government? (ANI Photo)

But I only have one question for everyone: don’t we want to live in peace and unity? Like who doesn’t want it?! We are all humans; we all want to live in a society which has humanity and brotherhood as its foundation. Then, why are we spreading so much hate and violence in the name of peace which is being strangled and disrupted by us only? And that too among ourselves, our neighborhoods, our community and our country.

This reminds me of the other day when I was surfing the internet for the next book I should buy, on one of the many e-commerce websites. I came across a book that was based on Nathuram Godse— about why he killed Mahatma Gandhi. Out of curiosity, I started reading the reviews from people, and it scared me how people were justifying a murder.

Is this the India we have come to live in—the one that justifies a murder for the ‘greater good’ of the country? I spent my childhood learning about the freedom fighters and all the people who gave their lives for the country’s independence, and now, it’s come to actually see a generation justifying a murder!

The final question I would like to pose is: can we justify innocent lives lost due to hate politics under the rule of this fascist government?

Thank You.