Here’s How We Can Reduce Television Time

Television programs run for 24 hours a day. A human being works for eight hours a day, takes an hour for getting ready in the morning, travel for approximately two hours a day, spend half an hour relaxing, another half an hour talking to friends, talking with family for another half an hour, spend an additional hour in a park, and sleep for six hours. Altogether, 19 and a half hours are spent on weekdays, leaving only four and a half hours. If such is the case, why do televisions run for 24 hours, continuously? Well, non-working women, and students going to schools and colleges have more free time. As television runs for 24 hours, many students, instead of spending their valuable time in studying, watch television continuously. In my opinion, television show timings should be restricted in the evening from 7-8 pm. Cartoon shows for kids should also be broadcast at that time. From 8-9 pm, programs of teenagers’ interest should be shown. Then, from 9-11 pm, programs for grown-ups should be shown. If you watch colour television for more than two hours, the light rays coming from the television affect your health and eyes.

Altogether, 19 and a half hours are spent on weekdays, leaving only four and a half hours. If such is the case, why do televisions run for 24 hours, continuously?

At present, due to conflicts going on in the world, 24-hour news channels are required. News and sports channels must be broadcast throughout the day.  On Saturdays and Sundays, television can be shown from 9-11 am, 2-5 pm, and then 7-11 pm. In a year, many movies are made. According to me, if there are 52 weeks, then only 52 movies should be produced in a country. On Sundays, one movie should be watched. There should be no production of video or CD cassettes of cinema, and should only be uploaded on the internet so that if anyone wants to watch any movie again, they can download and watch them. Also, if there are only 52 movies in a week, there would be less downloading of movies in the whole world, due to which there would be less amount of internet radiation.