‘Here We Are, Two Nerds In Love’

To, Sahil,

My Giant Nerd Boyfriend,

It has been almost three years since we met, and it’s been one hell of a journey. I’ve heard people talk about love at first sight, but that wasn’t the case for us. First time I met you, I thought, “Eww, this guy eats pineapple on pizza“, and you would have thought, “Shit! This guy is weird!

But here we are—two nerds in love.

When we first started dating, we had our doubts. Me, an asexual, you being bisexual. You being an atheist while I worship every god possible. You staying apolitical while I march with the right-wing! We’re so different yet we’re so alike. Not only we have to fight with the society for our existence, but also with the LGBTQIA community with internal biphobia and neglect of asexuality. But I believe we will succeed in building our lives together with no matter what people throw at us.

Yes, our love doesn’t fit into what people think it is. But for me, love is when you take me on a date in a bookstore, when you start drinking coffee just to accompany me when you don’t watch the new episode of “Game of Thrones” for a week so you can watch it with me. You listening to ghazals and me listening to your OST, and our fandoms merging with each other’s is nothing but love. I knew I’ll love you forever when we listened to the same song and said at the same time, “This is our song“.

After all,

We’re two of a kind,

Violent, unsound of mind,

You’re the Yin to my Yang, can’t you see?

Yours,

Siddhant

Featured Image for representation only. Source: Ashwin Pradhan/Pexels.

All through February, The Cake is celebrating queer love in all its forms. Do you have a love note for someone special this Valentine’s Day? Publish it here!